Recent

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Season Changes


GaoMei Wetland in Tai Chung. It was takend in March when I was travelling around Tai Chung with my lovely mother and sister.  I still remembered that that day the wind was blowing so strongly that has feared me to stop walking towards the end of the wooden block pavement. 

Although I should be preparing my presentation right now, sadly I just can't concentrate much on it, random thought strikes my mind as usual.

These two days, I was once again confirmed that me, as a earthy human, being so weak and powerless that could be so easily influenced by feeling. I was defeated by the unstable and unreliable feeling. I once thought that I might now become more rational and less emotional, but it is not. I thought I could maintain the same positive feeling all the time , but it ended up that I woke up in the next morning, my feeling was not the same anymore. I thought that what I want would always be "what I want",  but it ended up that I woke up the next morning, it become "is it really what I want".  This confirms me the reality that I could not count on myself because I am changing. No matter how I wished that I could keep somethings remain the same, it still changes with the flow of time.

It seems like nothing in the world, including me, would not face changes. Season changes, people changes,  relationship changes,  feeling changes.

However, fortunately there is good news in the world despite the bad news remains: God's love never changes. It is the only fact that never changes. He is the only one that wouldn't change, so that I could always seek for him when I can't rely on myself :) When I don't know what is the next step I should take, I can always count on his word and just follow it. This has become the biggest pleasure of my life.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrew 13:8



This is the Hong Kong paranomic view from Lugard Road, on the way hiking to The Peak. Never know there is such a nice path to view the Hong Kong skylines. Thank you Queenie for bring me there :)

It is near to semester break very soon. This year, I would have roughly 4 month of summer break. Unbelievably long summer break. To use it well, I am going to volunteer teaching in Mae Sot for two month. I never knew why I decided to spend my summer in this way. My friends and my family (and myself) were pretty shocked too when they know that I am going to teach the migrant kids in a rural place where is located between the border of Thailand and Myanmar. I made this decision all of sudden, never imagined that my summer plan could have changed suddenly because I actually decided to work for three month in this coming summer. I should be earning more money and reserve it as my master-study fund. or even find a suitable internship to gain more working experience before I graduated.

I don't know, but I feel that it is God who gave me this chance to learn how to love and serve people rather than focusing on my self-benefits or my own future. Although some might think that I am a bit irrational or being so unambitious for my future as I didn't prepare well for my future,  indeed I really have no much big or wonderful plan for my future. Undeniably, I never have great dream over this three years studying in HKU too. I just born with no much idea about what kind of future I should live in, that's why I was so lost. 

However, over the first four month of 2017, I have developed a strong belief that my living purpose in this world is not based on how prestigious I would be in the future, or how good I would be in people's eye, but it is how I could use my gifts and grace that God gave me to help out others those are in needs. I have started believe that the only reason I am here in Hong Kong breathing, living, studying, and now writing is that God created me and has given me all I need in order to make the world a little bit better under his name. I haven't figure out what is the exact way that I can work as my career to help others. May be something related to what I study right now? Something require the knowledge of European studies, french or politic ? I don't know. or May be just by my little effort and by the simple heart that God plants in me ? I don't know too.

But, it is okay. I know he cares every single part of my life, his Spirit will always lead me to the best situation to fulfil his purpose on me because Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. -  Luke 12:7

Okay. Finished chattering. Back to my preparation for tomorrow's presentation. Thanks God for another simple day .

P.S: Today's post reminds me of a song that one of my good friend shared me months ago. Share you guys a song lyrics before heading off - Season changes by United Pursuit.

Though the music changes
And the songs we sing
We still lift our praises to our loving God and King
Though the music changes
And the songs we sing
We still lift our praises to our loving God and King
Though the seasons change
Your love remains
Your love remains

Lord you’ve been faithful to plant the seeds
And you will be faithful to always send your rain
Lord you’ve been faithful to plant the seeds
And you will be faithful to always send your rain
Though the seasons change
Your love remains
Your love remains

When we were far apart
You came running with open arms

No comments :

Post a Comment